Some thoughts Steve is having...
Surplus Chemicals Sales Program reduces disposal costs and improves environmental impact
Solvent Systems’ Surplus Chemicals Sales Program is a beneficial strategy to reduce disposal costs and improve your environmental impact. Here are some reasons why this approach can be advantageous:
- Cost Reduction: Disposing of surplus chemicals can be expensive, especially if they are hazardous or require special handling and disposal methods. Selling these chemicals to others who can use them can eliminate disposal costs and may even generate revenue for your company.
- Environmental Benefits: Proper disposal of chemicals can be challenging and potentially harmful to the environment if not done correctly. By selling surplus chemicals to others who can use them, you can help prevent potential pollution and reduce your 50 year liability from waste.
- Resource Conservation: Selling surplus chemicals extends the useful life of these resources, reducing the need for new production and the associated consumption of raw materials and energy. This contributes to resource conservation and a more sustainable approach to chemical management.
- Regulatory Compliance: Many regions have strict regulations governing the disposal of hazardous chemicals. Selling surplus chemicals to others who can use them can help you comply with these regulations and avoid potential legal issues.
- Collaboration: By selling surplus chemicals, you can foster collaboration with other organizations or researchers who may benefit from these materials. This can lead to scientific advancements and innovation in various fields.
Solvent Systems in an expert at selling surplus chemicals to ensure safety and compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. Here are some important considerations:
- Safety: Ensure that the chemicals you're selling are properly labeled, packaged, and stored to prevent accidents and hazards during transportation and use.
- Legal Compliance: Be aware of all local, state, and federal regulations related to the sale and transport of chemicals. You may need permits or licenses to sell certain types of chemicals.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of the chemicals you're selling, including their origin, composition, quantity, and destination. This documentation is crucial for compliance and safety purposes.
- Responsible Buyers: Verify that potential buyers are qualified and knowledgeable about the chemicals they are purchasing. Ensure they have the necessary equipment and expertise to handle and store the chemicals safely.
- Transportation: If you are responsible for transporting the chemicals to the buyer, follow all transportation regulations, including labeling, packaging, and shipping requirements.
In summary, selling surplus chemicals can be a practical and environmentally responsible way to manage excess chemical inventory. However, it must be done carefully, with a focus on safety, compliance, and responsible handling to reap the full benefits of this approach while minimizing risks.
Feel Better with Green Cleaning Products
Many conventional industrial cleaning products are hazardous made with toxic ingredients that are carcinogens, mutagens, neurotoxins, teratogens or endocrine disrupters. Many of these cleaning products have volatile organic compounds (VOCs), that have many health hazards causing liver, lung and kidney damage besides adding to global warming and air pollution. Using conventional cleaners indoors is more dangerous as they can linger in the air for long periods of time. Solvent Systems’ green cleaning products are made using sustainable and naturally derived, safe, non-toxic and readily biodegradable ingredients. An important reason to consider using non-toxic natural cleaners, solvents and lubricants is to not contaminate the air you breathe.
Methyl Ester, not only eco-friendly, but also low cost, readily biodegradable, and a high solvency rating!
Even with lower petroleum pricing, industry’s environmental concerns about the environmental impact of chemicals in their facilities is growing, increasing the interest in biobased solvents. Methyl ester is not only eco-friendly it is also a low cost and readily biodegradable chemical alternative that could reduce millions of pounds of petroleum. Methyl ester has a higher solvency rating than many other solvents including mineral spirits yet is is safer to transport, store and handle because of a flash point over 300 F. Further, the EPA does not list as hazardous air pollutant or VOC.
Use of Solvent Systems’ methyl ester formulations are rapidly growing in both the industrial and consumer products, selling as a safe, environmentally friendly product for cleaners, degreasers and lubricants formulatulations. Global growth for methyl ester is projected to be 40% in 2016. The green cleaning chemical market is growing because it makes natural cleaners, degreasers and lubricants safer. Consumers are searching for these types of products and Solvent Systems can provide the raw materials that can help grow your business in this area.
Methyl Ester, The Solution to Global Warming
Innovation is changing the way we do business for both new and established industries. In the industrial chemical world, methyl ester is quickly becoming a petroleum solvent replacement choice because of stringent regulations curbing volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and increasing concerns over hazardous air pollutants from petrochemical-based solvents that are driving industries to shift to biobased solvents. The increased acceptance of methyl ester solvents in the paints and coatings, printing inks, pharmaceutical and metal working fluid sectors is extending their scope of application to a growing list of new industrial uses. These process developments will enable methyl ester biobased solutions to compete with traditional solvents in terms of performance, with significant value-adds such as low toxicity. Industry leaders are searching for safer solvents with a higher level of biodegradability along with lower health hazards. Methyl ester biobased solvents and lubricants is an emerging generation of fluids that will help design new eco-efficient processes for industry.
Solvent Systems helps chemical distributors innovate.
Innovating with Biobased Products:
The Future Looks Back to the Biobased Economy
One hundred years ago, most of our fuels, construction materials, clothes, inks, paints, and even synthetic fibers and chemicals were made from plant matter. Then petroleum flooded the economy and a new industrial era began. By the 1980's, less than 5 percent of our industrial products and fuels came from biological materials. Now industry may be moving away from the oil derrick and towards the silo for its supplies, as new technologies lower the cost of deriving products from plant matter and environmental regulations raise the cost of extracting, processing, using and disposing of fossil fuel derived products.
Stop Using Mineral Spirits, Bio-Solvents Are Better
Here is some background on solvent usage: Solvent is an essential part of most manufacturing processes. According to SRI Consulting, the annual global consumption of solvents is estimated at 30 billion pounds per year, and consumption in the United States alone is in excess of 8.4 billion pounds per year. Users of petroleum- based solvents are feeling more pressure than ever from regulators to reduce the environmental impacts associated with solvent use. This includes VOC emissions reduction and improper disposal. Swapping petroleum- based solvents with biobased options is an easy way to reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing operations and to prepare for coming regulatory requirements.
SSI biobased cleaners and bio-solvent replacements are made from plant matter and have the potential to dramatically reduce the amount of environmentally-polluting VOCs released to the atmosphere. They are better for people, better for sustainability, and now with better cleaning performance that surpasses conventional cleaners.
Glycerin, a Natural Cleaning Ingredient
SSI Biobased Cleaning Products add glycerin as a natural cleaning ingredient. Glycerin rapidly dissolves grease and boosts the power of SSI's Hero Biobased Products.
A Healthier Ecosystems Approach to Industrial Cleaning
Solvent Systems International has introduced a new healthier ecosystems approach to industrial cleaning. SSI's biobased cleaners are high bio-content solvents and chemical cleaners. This program offers customers positive environmental, economic and social benefits, a triple play bottom line. As more and more companies market their sustainability programs and discover that they are getting support from their customers, the market for biobased products will grow. Moving the plant derived chemical market from niche to mainstream. Now is the time to investigate the possibilities, let SSI help by presenting the options to you.