SSI Mold Remover

SSI Mold Remover is a non-toxic formula that eradicates bacteria, mold, mildew and their odors by destroying them at their source.

SSI Mold Remover:

  • Leaves a non-toxic residual barrier on the surface that prevents mold re-growth for months.
  • Removes mold stains.
  • Is biodegradable, non-corrosive and non-flammable.
  • Leaves surfaces clean, without any sticky residue or odors, saving time and labor costs in the final clean-up and re-build phases with no harm to the environment or to people.
  • Can be applied by fog or spray.
  • Breaks down into carbon dioxide, oxygen and water.
  • Is noncarcinogenic, nonexplosive/flammable, and requires no external ventilation.
  • Is optimized for chemical stability and safe storage for up to a year.


SSI Mold Remover's active ingredient is:

  • EPA approved and registered as a green-friendly product
  • FDA approved for disinfection and sanitization (21 CFR 178.1005-1010)
  • Regarded as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA
  • Is approved for direct food contact


SSI’s Mold Remover will

  • Inactivate gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, fungi, and yeasts in <5 minutes at <100 ppm. In the presence of organic matter, 200-500 ppm is required.
  • Inactivate bacterial spores in suspension in 15 seconds to 30 minutes with 500 to 10,000 ppm (0.05 to 1%).

Further advantages of peracetic acid as SSI Mold Remover's active ingredient is its lack of harmful decomposition products (i.e., acetic acid, water, oxygen, hydrogen peroxide); it enhances removal of organic material and leaves no residue; and it remains effective in the presence of organic matter and is sporicidal even at low temperatures. And in the CDC test only the peracetic acid system was able to completely kill 6-log10 of Mycobacterium chelonae, Enterococcus faecalis, and B. atrophaeus spores with both an organic and inorganic challenge.

SSI Mold Remover photos:

SSI Mold Removal Before

Before Use

SSI Mold Remover After

After Use



Applying SSI Mold Remover:


The dangers of mold and cleaning mold in a house:


Instructions for Use

  • Brushes improve the decontamination of wooden studs and other surfaces.
  • SSI Mold Remover should sit on the surface for 3 to 5 minutes before scrubbing.
  • Water-damaged porous materials should be removed.
  • Non-flooded gypsum board and plaster walls that remain after gutting that are dirty or harboring mold growth can be cleaned using SSI Mold Remover.
  • Care should be taken to inspect both the front and back side of the non-flooded gypsum board and plaster walls for remaining dirt and mold to ensure all affected areas are cleaned. These semi-porous surfaces should not be scrubbed, but should instead be wiped off with disposable towels.


Hero Biobased Ultra-Solve Information SheetSSI Mold Remover SDS


Questions or Comments?

Complete the below form and we will get back to you with answers.