EPA appoved Proxitane AHC kills Covid 19 at a dilution rate of 2 ounces per 5 gallons. That is a per use cost of .08/cents per gallon to to sterilize surfaces. PROXITANE® AHC is a concentrated liquid disinfectant, effective against a broad range of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Product works by generating free oxygen which attacks proteins.
There is no known antimicrobial resistance to peracetic acid.
PROXITANE's® effective ingredient is Peracetic Acid (PAA) which is approved for use against Covid-19 and is considered by the EPA to be safe. It breaks down into water and vinegar and leaves no harmful residues and environmental damage unlike Bleach or Quats, which are other products that are being marketed for cleaning in these times.
SSI sells two Proxitane products, AHC and EQ. Proxitane is manufactured in the USA.
- AHC is formulated with a detergent and is an excellent cleaner for surfaces including plastic, stainless steel, linoleum, vinyl, glazed porcelain, and glass. AHC is effective against viruses even at low doses (157 parts per million). AHC has been approved by the EPA for use against SARS-CoV-2, the the virus strain that causes Covid-19. (EPA reg Number 68660-11).
- EQ does not contain the surfactant, and is the only USDA organic disinfectant that is approved to spray directly on food. EQ has the same virus killing properties as AHC.
We offer the following electrostatic sprayer to apply Proxitane:
- Built-in 2200mAh 20V DC Detachable Rechargeable Battery. The Mawwiv Electric Spray gun comes with a 129W motor, negative ion generator built inside. 110V-240V.
- Spraying Distance: 5 meters. Super strong effect will not miss any corner. The mist vacuum of this mist sprayer is 250 cubic cm.
- Portable and can create exceptionally fine water fog which is prefect for disease prevention hospital/ classroom/ cinema/ restaurant/ gym studio/ supermarket/ office/ garden/ training institutions/ toilet/ bus station/ for home, garden, indoors & outdoors, public area, school etc.
- Material: ABS plastic, PE bottle. The container is made from PE material, non-toxic and tasteless, suitable for most potions. The head sprays exceptionally fine mist water particles for cleaning anywhere.
More information on Peracetic Acid:
- The healthcare profession’s search to find the most effective cleaning products and methods is an ongoing pursuit with no clear “winner” yet, with several chemicals and solutions each with their own strengths and weaknesses. However, in recent years, peracetic acid (PAA) has emerged as the disinfectant of choice over other traditional methods of disinfection in healthcare environments.
- The low corrosion risk, which contrasts with some disinfectants that can affect metal surfaces, means it can be safely used for the cleaning of many medical and dental instruments without having to worry about damage occurring.
- It is now one of the most frequently used disinfectants for the sterilization of medical devices such as endoscopy equipment as it has such potent disinfecting qualities but does not leave behind any toxic deposits which could jeopardize patients’ health.
- With efficiency being so high on the agendas of health authorities, the fact that PAA has such a long shelf life, coupled with its environmental credentials mean it is increasingly becoming the product which gives buyers value for money.
- Only extremely low concentrations are required to achieve effective disinfection, particularly in comparison to bleach and hydrogen peroxide, where overdosing is a common mistake - making PAA not only a cost effective, efficient disinfecting choice but also a safer alternative for hospitals and end users.
Additional Peracetic Acid information (higher PAA concentration products are available)
Questions? Want to make an order? Contact us today and we will get right back to you with the details. Thank you and stay safe!